Company and Partnership Agreement and Dispute Team
Our specialist barristers bring strong forensic skills to resolving director and partner disputes on behalf of businesses and individuals.
We undertake a variety of actions, up to and including complex major claims.
Securing assets sometimes requires an urgent response and we have an out-of-hours helpline that is monitored 24 hours a day.
As well as resolving disputes, we help many clients avoid them by advising on and drafting legal documents such as terms of partnership/LLP, share sale agreements and reductions in capital.
Our specialisms include:-
- Dissolution disputes
- Forensic partnership accountancy and asset tracing
- Asset recovery from defaulting directors / partners
- Shae sale disputes
- Directors’ duties and disqualification
- Minority shareholder actions
- Winding up petitions
- Advice and drafting in non-contentious matters such as:
- terms of partnership / LLP
- company meetings and resolutions
- share sale agreements
- reductions in capital
- schemes of arrangement
Here are some examples of our recent work:
- Begum v Hossain  EWCA Civ 717 - Christopher Mann for the appellant – successful appeal to the Court of Appeal on the basis that an expert valuer of shares materially departed from his mandate.
- Sethi v Patel & Scitec Group Ltd  (Ch) – Gabriel Buttimore – A valuation trial following finding of unfair prejudice in 2010 establishing share buy-out value of the company of £900,000 including issues of commercial fraud.