An Introduction to Discrimination Law - for Housing Lawyers
42BR Barristers' Housing and Employment Groups are delighted to present the first two installments of our upcoming 'Introduction to Disability Discrimination Law for Housing Lawyers' events.
Wednesday 29 November from 5pm - webinar
The first session will be hosted by Employment Barrister, Rebecca Thomas, and Housing/Employment Barrister, Stefan Liberadzki covering:
- What is “disability”?
- The Equality Act definition: elements of disability
- Effects of medical treatment
- Fluctuating conditions
- Past disabilities
Register for this webinar here.
Wednesday 13 December from 5pm - in person seminar
The second session, hosted by Iris Ferber KC and Karolina Zielinska, will take place in person at our new premises, 11 Staple Inn, London, WC1V 7QH and will be followed by mince pies and mulled wine.
- What is needed to prove a tenant is (or is not) disabled?
- Who bears the burden of proof?
- Tenant’s witness statement: what should it cover?
- Medical evidence: what should it cover?
- GP records: should they be disclosed?
- Medical expert: should a report be obtained?
To register for this session, contact our Marketing Manager, Sophie, on SophieH@42br.com.
42BR Barristers' Housing and Employment Groups are delighted to present the first two installments of our upcoming 'Introduction to Disability Discrimination Law for Housing Lawyers' events. Read more >
Join us in person or online for our latest Family Law event, exploring how digital forensics can impact family law proceedings. Read more >