“Maria-Amália is an exceptional advocate who is calm and methodical in her approach putting clients at ease. She is always well prepared and goes above and beyond to provide advice when needed. Maria-Amália is my first-choice barrister every time”.
“Dynamic and highly effective as an advocate”.
“Excellent attention to detail”.
“Fantastic with clients”.
“A pleasure to work with”.
“I only have good words for Maria-Amália – she has the patience of a saint! Such a team player”.
“Maria-Amália is very effective. She is clear and calm with clients and her representation is always considered and persuasive. I would not hesitate to recommend her”.
Maria-Amália is an experienced family practitioner with a busy practice covering all areas of family law work with a particular focus on the following principal areas of practice:
- Financial provision on divorce
- Advising on and drafting nuptial agreements
- Claims under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996
- Financial claims under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989 (including where these combine with cohabitant claims under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996)
- Private law Children Act matters, including applications for leave to remove from the jurisdiction
- Child support appeals
- Family violence
The majority of Maria-Amália’s work involves representation and resolution of financial and children disputes in Court proceedings. Maria-Amália enjoys long established and effective professional relationships with a pool of highly reputed solicitors, built on a shared commitment to client welfare, empathy and delivery of clear and realistic advice.
Maria-Amália brings experience and pragmatism to her practice. Maria-Amália uses her calm manner and creative thinking to save her clients the emotional and financial expense of hard-fought litigation wherever possible, however when not possible Maria-Amália matches strong advocacy with clear advice as to the potential outcomes and risks for her clients in the discretionary field of family law.
- CTL (Children: Fact finding: Protection from Sexual Harm), Re Family Division, 01 March 2013  EWHC 2133 (Fam)
- Traversa v Freddi Court of Appeal (Civil Division), 14 February 2011  EWCA Civ 81;  Fam. Law 464
- Traversa v Freddi  EWCA Civ 640 (Part III MFPA 1984)
- K v K & Ors  EWHC 1561 (Fam)
Areas of Expertise
- Family Law Bar Association
- Bar Pro Bono Unit
- Inner Temple
University College, London (BA (Hons) Geography)
City University (Postgraduate Diploma in Law and MA in Law)
Inns of Court School of Law (Bar Vocational Course)
- Maria-Amália is married with three young children, and lives in London