Mark has a broad practice but focuses on Personal Injury and Employment. The personal injury work has included helping Claimants win cases for over £1 million damages as well as particular experience of Industrial disease and deafness claims. In the Employment sphere he acts for both Claimants and Respondents and has particular experience of disability discrimination claims in the public sector. He continues to act in Family Law cases and is happy to accept direct access instructions.
- Eaves v Dalgety 2014. Represented the successful Claimant in a multi track Industrial Deafness claim.
- Re L  All ER (D) 08 Successful appeal to Court of Appeal against Circuit Judge’s refusal to grant a litigant in person an adjournment of Residence Hearing .
- O’Brien v London Borough of Haringey 2013. EAT hearing in a Disability Discrimination Claim.
- Guntrip v Cheney Coaches 2012 EWCA Civ 392. An important Court of Appeal case on “expert shopping”.
- A v Stroud 2011. A £1million plus head injury claim.
- PQR v SWLP 2008. A series of High Court hearings in front of Eady J in a “super injunction” case.
- C v Lawman 2007. A million pound personal injury case against leading counsel.
- Beharry v Byrnes 2005. Represented the successful Respondent in the Court of Appeal and below in a shared ownership case.
- Eden v West  EWCA Civ 991. Represented the (successful) Appellant in the Court of Appeal and below in an Occupier’s Liability Act Claim.
- Lowther v Chatwin 2002. A Court of Appeal case on CRU recoupment regulations.
Areas of Expertise
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- Employment Law Bar Association
- London Commercial and Common Law Bar Association
- Edinburgh University