“Nigel is approachable and excellent with clients. His ability to spot the “right point” and commercial outlook make him a go to counsel at all stages of litigation. His thorough preparation and flair for cross examination in particular make him a powerful trial advocate”
Nigel’s practice encompasses a wide range of commercial, chancery and property work before all levels of tribunal. He has appeared as sole advocate in the Court of Appeal on a number of occasions both bringing and responding to appeals.
- Batchelar v Customs and Excise Commissioners VAT and Duties Tribunal, 11 July 2003- Smuggling and confiscation orders
- Miles v. Gilbank  ICR 12 (EAT);  I.C.R. 1297 (CA)- Bullying, pregnancy discrimination, vicarious liability
- Hasberry v Steele (2012) QBD Unreported- Successful Barrell jurisdiction application to reconsider judgment
- Hayer v. Hayer  EWCA Civ 257- Late amendment, case management, undue influence
- Bhatia v. Toor  EWCA Civ 565- Commercial agreement, construction of general release
- Verma v. Sharma (2013) CA Unreported- Successful renewed oral application for permission to appeal against trial judge’s finding of an agreement under s. 29B LTA 1954- Case settled after permission granted