Vondez is experienced in business-to-business and business-to-consumer contractual disputes, and is frequently instructed to advise, draft pleadings and represent clients in matters involving:
- Complex issues of construction of contractual documents;
- Formation of contracts, including acceptance by conduct;
- Commercial and other agents, including claims for commissions;
- Unfair terms in consumer contracts, and Consumer Rights Act claims;
- Sale of goods and supply of services;
- Jurisdictional issues;
- Guarantees; and
- Multiple remedies, including specific performance and injunctions;
Company and Partnership
Vondez’s practice encompasses matters involving alleged breaches of fiduciary or statutory duties by directors, shareholder rights and remedies, the disqualification of directors, and the restoration of companies to the Register of Companies.
Debt and Insolvency
Vondez regularly appears in the Companies Court and County Courts, representing clients in debt-related and corporate insolvency and individual bankruptcy matters. He regularly advises, drafts pleadings and represents clients in matters involving:
- Money claims;
- Winding-up and bankruptcy petitions, including restraining the presentation of a petition based on disputed debts in statutory demands;
- Mortgage possessions;
- Debt recovery by way of charging orders and orders for sale;
- Enforcement issues, including applications for committal.
Banking and Finance
Vondez is currently on a long-running instruction assisting the Dame Linda Dobbs Review considering whether the issues relating to the HBOS Reading scandal were investigated and appropriately reported to authorities at the time by Lloyds Banking Group, following its acquisition of HBOS.