“…He is a safe and trusted pair of hands. He is excellent with clients and technically good. Hamed is happy to be contacted outside of formal instructions to provide advice and will provide a clear and pragmatic view on case prospects and strategy. He is a pleasure to deal with.”
An instructing solicitor
Hamed has a busy employment practice, dealing with all aspects of employment law but with a particular focus on discrimination and whistleblowing claims.
He enjoys a close working relationship with instructing solicitors and is happy to discuss cases outside of formal instructions to provide a view on case prospects and strategy. Hamed has been described by his instructing solicitors as ‘a pleasure to deal with’ and ‘unflappable in the face of difficulty’ and brings a measured approach to his cases, with solicitors frequently commending his client care.
Hamed is qualified to accept instructions under the Direct Public Access Scheme.
Commercial and Chancery Law
Hamed has an in depth understanding of the concerns and needs of his SME clients and advises them on a variety of commercial disputes. Recent examples of Hamed’s work in this area include:
- advising on the merits of an appeal to the Court of Appeal on a point of law (the circumstances which an oral promisor might be estopped from relying on s.4 of the Statute of Frauds Act 1677).
- successfully acting for a nationwide services contractor in defending a claim for sums due under a contract and a counterclaim for damages.
- advising a frozen foods manufacturer on the merits of its claim against an industrial catering equipment manufacturer for repudiatory breach of contract.
- striking out a multi track claim on the basis of res judicata.
- advising Hong Kong lawyers on specific aspects of English intestacy rules.
Hamed also acts in insolvency and bankruptcy matters, including acting for trustees in bankruptcy and dealing with winding up petitions.
- LLB, First Class (London Metropolitan University)
- MA (Royal Holloway, University of London)
Scholarships & Awards
- Gray’s Inn Scholarship, 2009
- Away from the Bar, Hamed enjoys following the financial markets and the latest trends in technology and design (particularly industrial design).