Published: 11th Mar 2022
Lee is an established family barrister who specialises in private law children and financial remedies cases. He also accepts instructions in respect of non-molestation/occupation orders.
Prior to becoming a barrister, Lee gained experience as a county court advocate; working for a leading law firm in Cardiff and undertaking a scholarship to work at a leading civil firm in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
He is an approachable barrister who easily builds a rapport with his clients’ and can put them at ease during a difficult situation. He is often commended for his exceptional ability to quickly get to grips with complex facts and represent his client’s case in a persuasive and direct manner. His clients often continue instructing Lee until conclusion of the case for this reason.
Lee has built a strong practice in cases involving complex facts and serious allegations of domestic abuse which often involve physical, sexual and honour-based violence.
Lee has developed a busy practice in private law children matters relating to Child Arrangements, Prohibited Steps and Specific Issues. He has extensive experience acting on behalf of parents, members of the family and the children’s guardian who have been appointed on behalf of the child. He is often instructed on multi-day fact-finding/final hearings where serious allegations of domestic abuse have been alleged. Lee’s cases often involve a rule 16.4 Guardian being appointed and have a quasi-public law element to them where social services are involved.
His experience covers initial hearings right up to an appeal. He has experience relating to sensitive issues and has acted (although not exhaustive) in cases involving the below:
- Domestic abuse
- Physical/sexual/emotional harm
- Substance misuse
- Shared care/live with/contact
- Parental alienation
- Prohibited Steps Order
- Specific Issue i.e. change of name/school location
- Fact finding
- Final hearings
Cases of note for Lee have included:
- 5-day fact-finding hearing involving allegations of sexual and physical violence
- Multi-day fact-finding hearing involving sexual, physical and honour-based violence
- 3-day final hearing acting for special guardians which resulted in the child residing with his clients
- Multi-day final hearing representing grandparents who ultimately obtained a “live with” order in their favour
- Successfully opposing an appeal by one parent to relocate to Poland with the child
Lee is regularly instructed for FDA, FDR and final hearings.
Lee’s cases have included ‘barder’ events, intervenors and arguments in respect of concluded agreements. His meticulous preparation in these cases ensures that his client’s cases are presented in an exemplary manner.
Lee is accredited to accept suitable cases via direct access.