“Throws himself into a case and quickly cuts to the heart of complex legal problems…an excellent advocate”
Mukhtiar is a highly regarded commercial/chancery practitioner with very wide experience. His practice encompasses specialist advisory work and representation in the following interrelated areas of law:
- Corporate insolvency/bankruptcy
Clients repeatedly go to Mukhtiar for the clear and practical advice he gives, together with his outstanding advocacy and substantial litigation experience in court. He is greatly valued for his ability to get straight to the core of a problem and meticulous attention to detail. Mukhtiar is steadfastly dependable and frequently recommended by solicitors to both their colleagues and others.
Over the past few years Mukhtiar has undertaken a number of large and complex commercial disputes where he has represented public bodies, companies, partnerships, sole traders and other individuals.
Mukhtiar’s expertise covers a range of commercial matters, from cases involving complex company/shareholder disputes and all aspects of business partnerships, to more straightforward contract disputes. He frequently advises as to the construction of contractual documents running to 100's of pages, disputes involving businesses, and individual consumers.
Many of the cases he works on have been subject to arbitration clauses and arbitration law is an area in which I have considerable experience.
Examples of work:
- Advising a shareholder and director as to his rights arising from his physical exclusion from a company.
- Successfully representing an off-shore company in its capacity as a landlord in defending a noise nuisance and breach of contract claim by neighbouring tenants.
- Acting on behalf of the Lord Chancellor in recovering sums from a national mortgage lender.
- Arbitration reference on behalf of the Legal Aid Agency involving the termination of its contract with a multi-partner solicitors’ practice permitting it to undertake legal aid work.
- Advising a national carrier in a dispute as to the charges and obligations arising under a commercial contract.
- Acting on behalf of a builder in successfully claiming the balance of monies due to him and defending a claim against him for alleged defective building works.
- Representing a family partnership in a claim for losses arising from fraudulent misrepresentations made to it on the purchase of a retail business.