“Throws himself into a case and quickly cuts to the heart of complex legal problems…an excellent advocate”
Mukhtiar is a highly regarded commercial/chancery practitioner with very wide experience. His practice encompasses specialist advisory work and representation in the following interrelated areas of law:
- Corporate insolvency/bankruptcy
Clients repeatedly go to Mukhtiar for the clear and practical advice he gives, together with his outstanding advocacy and substantial litigation experience in court. He is greatly valued for his ability to get straight to the core of a problem and meticulous attention to detail. Mukhtiar is steadfastly dependable and frequently recommended by solicitors to both their colleagues and others.
A wide range of cases involving ownership, trusts, and landlord and tenant disputes. Mukhtiar frequently advises on non-contentious matters.
Examples of work:
- Enforcing a foreign judgment that necessitated establishing beneficial interests in property in the UK.
- Noise nuisance and breach of contract claim between tenants of multi-million pound apartments in Knightsbridge.
- Claim by a former business tenant having given up his right to a new tenancy while acting on alleged misrepresentations by his former landlord regarding his intention to demolish and sell the site on which his property was situated.
- Representing former partners in a multi-party partnership dispute and successfully arguing fraud and misrepresentation, thereby securing declarations of trusts in clients' favour and also recovering their substantial legal costs.
- Acting for clients in adverse possession and boundary disputes.
- Non-contentious matters (e.g. advising on the enforceability of covenants in respect of land upon which it was intended to build a number of properties, advising on rights of way).